Servicing your laptop is not an easy task. However, if you are comfortable with minor electrical repairs, it should not be a tough task either. If you own a Dell Inspiron Laptop, our guide should help you replace the RAM yourself following a few easy steps. We would help you how to replace RAM on Dell Inspiron laptops in this tutorial. If you are still in doubt and worried, you may visit your nearest Tech Support from Dell Servicing Hub in Gurgaon for assistance. Meanwhile, check out the tutorial here.
How To Replace RAM on Dell Inspiron 15- 3521/5521
The steps indicated here are simple and easy to follow. We would advise you to take a print of the instructions herein and then follow them properly. Follow the steps carefully.
Step 1 – Remove Battery
This would be the first step in removing the RAM stick on your laptop. The exact procedure should depend on the laptop model you have. We have focussed on Dell Inspiron 3521/5521.
- Turn over the laptop.
- Slide the latches out towards the outside
- Pull out to remove the battery.
Step 2 – Loosen the access door
If you want to get access to the insides of the laptop, you need to open the access door – well, that is why the door is named so. Follow the steps here to do so –
- Loosen the screws that fasten the access door to your laptop.
- You may not be able to remove the screws. Pry open the access door and remove it
- This will give you access to the insides of the laptop. You should now be able to see the memory sticks and RAM sticks.
Step 3 – Remove the RAM/Memory Card
Removing the RAM sticks should be executed with care. Take care not to damage the contacts.
- Push out the latches out of the memory cards or RAM.
- Keep the latches stretched out and lift the RAM.
Step 4 – Insert New RAM
- With the latches Still stretched out, insert the new RAM into the slot.
- Pay attention to the positioning properly. Take care not to damage the contacts on the RAM stick.
- PUsh in the latches so that they fit into the slots in the RAM stick securely.
Step 5 – Finish Installation
Once the RAM is installed properly, follow the procedures to close the laptop. Close the access door and secure the screws. Reinsert the battery.
That does it – you have successfully replaced the RAM on your Dell Inspiron 15-3521/5521. Please note that the procedure should be applicable to all Dell models. There can be minor differences in removing the access door.
In a Nutshell…
That is how you can replace RAM on Dell Inspiron laptops. If still in doubt, you can either visit the Dell Laptop Service Center at your location, or you can share your queries with us through the comments section here below. We value your feedback and will revert within the shortest possible time to address your queries.
Do keep visiting us and yes, bookmark us. We assure you of more such tutorials in the days ahead.